Our Community

The first Greek immigrants arrived in this area at the turn of the 20th century. As their numbers increased, they consolidated their meager savings, and purchased a wooden structure which they remodeled into a house of worship.

Ten years later they observed their first religious service together and were incorporated and chartered by the city in 1917.


As the parish expanded, the small building became inadequate, and soon land was purchased for the construction of a new church.

The church was constructed, dedicated, and remains as our house of worship to this day. A school building consisting of four classrooms was erected adjacent to the church for purposes of religious and cultural instruction.



In the fall of 2017 our community began the first phase of an ambitious Byzantine Iconography project. With the support of our dedicated families the first phase included an updated Iconostasis, and for the first time in the Apse of the church, a traditional icon of the Platytera-Πλατυτερα των Ουρανιον (More spacious than the heavens). This is the Icon of the Theotokos (The God Bearer) with her arms extended, inviting all who come into the church to receive her Son, Jesus Christ, as depicted as an infant seated upon her lap. She is situated between a large icon of the Nativity (right) and the Resurrection (left) and she sits proximately over six Hierarchs of the Church of the 4th Century.








To commemorate the Feast day of our Patron Saint, the Great Martyr Demetrios, His Eminence Metropolitan ISAIAH of Denver along with other local and visiting clergy, celebrated the holy sacrament of Consecration of our beloved church the weekend of October 26, 2018. This is the great sacrament of dedicating the Altar, the Church edifice and surrounding property back unto God in praise, worship and thanksgiving. Following tradition, His Eminence deposited the relics of St. Panteleimon the Great Martyr & Healer (July 27) St. Barbara the Martyr (December 4) and The Holy Fathers martyred in the Monastery of Pantokratoros in Daou Pentelis (+1680) (Tuesday of Bright Week) into the Holy Altar along with a scroll containing names of the members of St. Demetrios, present and past.



Since its inception our parish has grown significantly. It continues to strive to bear more effective witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, as expressed in the apostolic tradition and worship of the Greek Orthodox church. We invite you to also participate in this witness by joining the worship and fellowship of our parish.